Tuesday, June 3, 2014

More Swap Pieces

Hell everyone, I found more pics of swap pieces that I think you're going to love!



April Tickets for YPP
 April's tickets for Your Paper Pantry were to be flowers, so of course, mine had to be purple.  Purple has been my most favouritest colour ever since I can remember :)





Also on YPP, there is a flower swap and challenge, where each month you make different flowers according to a specific theme or medium.  May's theme was paper.  Well, this was a new challenge for me, I've never made paper flowers before!  Again Youtube to the rescue!  I found a tutorial from someone that does origami videos and here's what I came up with.  You can find the video here.  I followed his instructions exactly, and these flowers are magnificent and BIG!  I also added buttons to the centers and dry brushed the entire flower with gold acrylic paint.  This gives a very nice shimmery, but antique look to your project.


 OK, so, I joined some swaps on SB for Tim Holtz tags, following the tutorials on the Tim Holtz website.  These are great tutorials for learning new techniques, as he demonstrates a new technique or two with every tutorial.  These tags are for January, February and March, and I am now working on April and May.  Pics to come soon.




May's ATC theme for YPP was Clocks.  Yes....that totally spells Steampunk to me, a theme I have definitely fallen in love with.  I used the Tim Holts Stamper's Anonymous stamps, and metal gears and mini pocket watches.  The background is done with stencils and Distress Inks :)  I love distress inks, and you can use them for so much more than just distressing your paper.  I stamp with them all the time, to match the stamped image to my paper and inked edges.



And, last but not least, the Grab Bag Embellishment swap on YPP was Polka Dots, and I chose to do tags and envelopes.  I used patterned paper that I've had for a while, so I can't tell you what brand it is.  I created the tags and matted and added pull tabs using a circle punch.  I also added circles portions to the body of the pockets that are also matted with the patterned paper.

And this ends another episode of my wild paper adventures.  Stay tuned...next post is mini albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment