Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Crafty Ribbons Inspiration and some faux metal techniques....say what??

How is everyone enjoying their summer so far?  I am definitely enjoying mine :)  In fact, I am enjoying it so much that I did up all of August's projects ahead of time and blogged them....because I am spending a couple weeks on the beautiful Manitoulin Island with my mom and dad, sister and kids, and hopefully both of my girls as well.  I can't wait :)

But enough chitter chatter, let's get down to business here....hmmmm, where was I?  Oh YES!  I have some Crafty Ribbons Inspiration for you today, and I have also CASEd some Jennifer McGuire techniques lol.  I love JM and watch every single one of her videos.  So, all inspiration projects from me this month are based on techniques I watched in a couple of Jennifer's newest videos.

For this week, I made a set of three cards, using a faux metal technique and some absolutely GORGEOUS Crafty Ribbons to embellish them.



I like to do these cards in sets of three, not sure why...but I just do lol.  So here is a set of three cards, using the faux metal technique from Jenifer McGuire.  This first blue one, uses Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks, some pearl powder, an embossing folder, flowers from Recollections (plus one I made myself, and the following gorgeousness from Crafty Ribbons:  French Viscose Lace in Antique White, 35mm Satin Ribbon, 9mm Handmade Grosgrain Ribbon in white, and some Sentiment Ribbon .


This pink card uses Spun Sugar and Fired Brick Distress Inks, pearl powder, an embossing folder, Butterfly die cuts, some flowers from my stash and the following beautiful ribbons from Crafty Ribbons:  Sentiment Ribbon, Handmade Ribbon in White, and some Morlaix Cotton Lace in Blush.


And this last one uses Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Inks, an embossing folder, gold pearl powder, and the following pretty ribbon from Crafty Ribbons:  Handmade Ribbon in Cream, Vintage Butterflies Ribbon, Vintage Butterflies Sentiment Ribbon in English Latte, and some French Viscose Lace in Scarlet.


I you are looking for gorgeous ribbons to use on your cards or other projects, look no further.  Come and check out the Crafty Ribbons website and you'll find what you're looking for, and probably more!




No comments:

Post a Comment