Thursday, January 11, 2018

#ArtLove52 Week 2 Winter Art Journal Page

It's Week 2 in the #ArtLove52 art journal challenge, and the inspiration word for this week is WINTER! I'd say that's quite appropriate, lol.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52





I created this page in my 5 x 7 vertical art journal that I created.  I plan to fill this book with mini works of art and then buy a nice stand for it. Then it can be displayed page by page!

And although I created this for my art journal challenge, I also plan to submit it to the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog :)  I used Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper that 7 Kids also carries in their shop.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52









I started by laying down a really thick coat of gesso. I stamped a snowflake stamp into the gesso, and then made smaller snowflakes and swirls with my stylus.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52







When the heavy layer of gesso was dry, I used a baby wipe to rub on some acrylic paint in Prussian Blue Hue by DecoArt and Robin's Egg Blue by Craftsmart. I like how you can get in all the little crooks and crannies in the gesso when you apply paint with a baby wipe.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52







When the acrylic paint was dry, I went around the edges of the page with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch. I also added some to the centers of the snowflakes in the background.  I cut some snowflakes out of glitter card stock and patterned vellum.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52







To create some contrast, I ripped three different patterns of scrapbook paper:  Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid, Doodlebug's Polar Pals and American Craft's DIY Shop. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon and glued them together.


Leah Tees Week 2 #ArtLove52


I layered the ripped paper with the snowflake die cuts and created a shadow around the vellum snowflake with a Sea Blue Inktense pencil. I found the text on Google images (one of my favorite ways to find text for an art journal page !) and printed it from my Silhouette Design program. I inked the text banner as well with Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks and Voila!

Week 2 of #ArtLove52 art journal challenge is complete :) And I am so in love with the text on this...Paradise doesn't have to be tropical. One of the best things in the world to me is being outside when it is snowing at night. So peaceful and quiet and fresh.

So, this is Week 2: Winter. Week 3 is next week and the inspiration word is FOCUS. I hope you will join in! I didn't receive any pictures in my mail this week, but I hope to receive some soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you 'embossed' the gesso background with the snowflakes. Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete