Wednesday, February 14, 2018

3x6 Art Journal: Page 1 with 7 Kids Crafting Supply Store

I have created a couple of 3 x 6 art journals out of different papers and I would like to show you my first page!

3 x 6 Art Journal, Hopes and Desires, Leah Tees, 7 Kids












This particular 3 x 6 journal was made from Prima Marketing's 3 x 6 watercolor paper pad. I had this pad lying around and aside from a couple of bookmarks, I really hadn't done anything with it yet. One of my favorite things to do is make art journals, so that's exactly what I did! I got out my handy Zutter Bind-It-All and tore the papers from pad, and then bound them together.


3 x 6 Art Journal, Hopes and Desires, Leah Tees, 7 Kids





I made two other 3 x 6 journals as well, almost identical to each other, using different kinds of paper: music paper, mixed media paper, pastel paper, canvas paper and scrapbook paper. And I will be creating for this series in one of those as well. For this page, however, I wanted the watercolor paper so I could play with my Prima Classics Watercolor Pans. I wanted to see how isopropyl alcohol reacted with watercolor paint myself (I've watched sooo many videos on Youtube lol).


3 x 6 Art Journal, Hopes and Desires, Leah Tees, 7 Kids





So I used some purple and blue watercolors from the Prima Classics set and added some water spray to move it around, and then I dropped some isopropyl alcohol into it and watched the magic! The alcohol moves the paint away from it and creates these "holes" in the color. Then I dried it with my heat gun, and did it all over again. Filing the holes with more color, and creating new holes in the new layer. I did this about 3 times and then dried the page very well.


3 x 6 Art Journal, Hopes and Desires, Leah Tees, 7 Kids








When everything was good and dry, I traced around the "holes" with my white gel pen to create flower shapes, and then doodled inside each of the flowers as well. This took a bit of time but it's something I've always wanted to try.


3 x 6 Art Journal, Hopes and Desires, Leah Tees, 7 Kids












Lastly, I chose the text stickers I wanted and shaded around the outside with a blue Inktense Pencil and also shaded around the outside of the page with Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink.

Thank you for stopping by, come back son for more inspiration and products and 7 Kids Crafting Supply Store.  I have linked some of the products I used directly to the store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment