Thursday, December 3, 2015

Flutterby Birthday Card with Sweet Stamps



Hello everyone, I have a fun new card design for you today for Sweet Stamps :) AAAnnnnnnddd I am totally in love with it lol.


I had a lot of fun creating this card, and the most fun thing about it?  Starting out with one idea, and then having it morph into something totally different and unexpected!  I love how creativity works sometimes ;)

I stamped the Daisy Side rubber stamp on hot press watercolor paper in a light colored dye ink and then heat set it with my heat tool.  Then I water colored the flower with my watercolor pencils and water (duh, of course!).  Then I decided to try something new.  I die cut the flower with the Flutterby #2 die set (the solid one).  Then I die cut the layer of the die with patterned paper and glued them under the solid butterflies.  I also used a sentiment from the Kitty Sweets clear stamp set and then added some Glastique for dew drops!

I love how this card turned out!  I will definitely be trying this technique out again soon.

You can find all the products I mentioned in the Sweet Stamps online store :)  (As well as many, many more;))  And don't forget to come and join us for two monthly challenges!  The Anything Goes challenge begins on the first Sunday of every month, and the Anything But a Card challenge begins on the third Sunday of every month!  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment