Monday, October 28, 2019

Collector of Curiosities Art Journal Page

Over in the Ode to Paper Friends Facebook page tonight, the LIVE video was all about creating this black and white with a pop of color art journal page!




I had a great time creating this art journal page.  One of the things I enjoy about creating pages like this is that even though I knew I wanted to create a black and white page with a pop of color, I have no idea what it's going to look like in the end!


I created the background by laying down some black and white music paper and plaid tissue paper.  Then I scribbled some black Stabilo Marks All and watered down some gesso to push it all into the background.  I wanted the gesso to activate the Stabilo to create some fun grey streaks and I was not disappointed.


Next I scraped on some gesso to bring back some bright white and then stamped some images with my Archival black ink for added visual texture.  Then I used a stencil and some black embossing paste from Dreamweaver and wow, that stuff is cool!



To add that pop of color, I added some more stamping around the outside of the embossing paste with Archival Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade and sprayed some Prima Marketing Color Bloom 2 spray in Pot Marigold.  Lastly, I added some Tim Holtz washi tape, Quote Chips and text stickers along with some Curiosities stickers.

I absolutely love how this turned out!  If you are interested in joining in the weekly fun, come and join us at Ode to Friends group on Facebook. I do a LIVE video every Monday night, where we chat and create mixed media projects, art journal pages, ATCs and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment