Sunday, February 10, 2019

February ATC Challenge with Happy Little Stampers DT: Stencils

This month's theme for the HLS ATC Challenge is all about the stencils!  I love to work with stencils.  And if you like mixed media, then you know stencils are definitely a must have for your crafty stash!



This month I decided to create Artist Trading Coins.  These are a great new take on the typical 2.5 inch x 3.5 inch Artist Trading Cards.  They are sized to 2.5 inches so they still fit into the trading card sleeves ;)


Once again I used a background I created beforehand using Distress Oxide inks and the smooshing technique (love that word lol).  Then I added some stamps (all of the products I used will be listed below :).  And of course I used stencils...


I added some ribbon and the funnest part of this ATC is the old Russian text paper that added.  I cut them out with a circle punch to mimic the shape of the coin and distressed the edges.  Repeating elements in your creations is a great way to get that cohesive look in your projects :)


I added some jute and some Nuvo Drops and voila!  And again, I have managed to create 12 coins from one background!  And even though they have the same backgrounds and elements, they all look a little different.  This is the beauty of creating sets of ATCs.

11 of these coins will be available for swapping in the Worldwide ATC Swap Group on Facebook.  I always keep one of them for myself :)


Products used:

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Fired Brick and Walnut Stain
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Dark Walnut and Autumn Red
Catherine Pooler Inc Stencil Split Chevron
Altenew Stencil Feeling Dotty
Deep Red Cling Stamps ATC Flourish
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment