Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dancin' in the Rain with Inky Impressions

Hi!  I hope you are having a great day!  I know I am :)

I have a sweet card to show you for Inky Impressions today, using the Umbrella Lili digital image and sentiment.

Umbrella Lili by Inky Impressions
I love this sentiment, it really speaks to me lately :P  The colors are some of my favourite to work with, and I introduced a new medium (to me) in this project:  I used a blue Staedtler Aquarell pencil to shadow her in watercolor :)

Umbrella Lili by Inky Impressions
 I used my favourite Prismacolor Premiere pencils to color her in the following colors:

Umbrella - PC992, 905, 907
Hair - PC997, 945, 946
Raincoat, Boots - PC992, 905, 907, 1063, 935
Shirt, Pants, Headband - PC1017, 1031, 1019
Skin - PC927, 939, 1029
Raindrops - PC936, 901, 938
Shadows - Staedtler Aquarell 156-3

I made the raindrops by using a raindrop stencil, and filling it in lightly with my lightest color.  Then I removed the stencil and used my darkest color to shade, and then added highlights with white.  There are many wonderful tutorials on Youtube for drawing and coloring rain and water drops.  This is where I learned.  Unfortunately given the size of the image, I couldn't make them any bigger to get more detail...they would have been mutant raindrops :)

If you would like to purchase this image, or any other of their awesome images in digital form, you can visit their online store.  Inky Impressions also have bi-weekly challenges over on their challenge blog!  You really should join in :)

I'll see you soon with a project using a new Inky Impression image!

No comments:

Post a Comment