Saturday, August 31, 2019

HLS September Watercolor Challenge: Tropical Theme

Robin S Sharma once wrote:  Getting lost along your path is part of finding the path you are meant to be on. When I finished this "Lost and Found" watercolor piece this summer, I knew it had something to do with finding my path in my art.



Spending time with my family this summer allowed me some time to think about where I want my journey to go with my art.  I have decided that I do not want the constraints of design teams anymore.  Now, don't get me wrong, they are wonderful and crazy and special, and allow you to learn products while you grow with your art.  They allow you to meet so many people from all over the world.  And they give you a chance to showcase your talent with an almost guaranteed audience.  That's not a bad thing!



That being said, I have decided to leave certain types of design teams behind.  I will be sticking with HLS Watercolor and ATC Challenge teams because they allow me the freedom to basically create what I want!  I honestly love these teams.  And honestly, for anyone looking to get into DT work, I would recommend being on a challenge team or two for a while first.  A challenge team has just slightly different requirements and allows you more freedom in what you create with.  Ok, now that that's off my mind lol, I am sharing this watercolor piece with you that I created this summer during one of creating sessions with my mom and my niece.  We had so much fun with this!



We created our pieces using the lost and found technique, which uses saran wrap in damp watercolor to creates organic shapes in your painting.  From there you can pick out the shapes and decide what they look like!  This piece looked like pathway stones to me, so that what I did with it.  I added more color to the stones I wanted to be the pathway and then also added some white gel pen and permanent marker.  

This is such a fun technique that I hope to explore again sometime soon!  Thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to join us on the HLS Challenge blog to enter your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment