Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Catching up and some super exciting news!

Hello everyone and welcome back!  I didn't realize it had been a whole year since I had blogged last and so much has happened this year to keep me busy.  You would think during a global pandemic I would get bored at some point, but NOPE!  That didn't happen!

So, what have I been up to you ask?  Well, most of it is a story for another time, but I will tell you, my grandson is now 16 months old and I love him so so much.  He is busy as ever and so much fun (his mother would probably disagree with the latter today lol).

In the more recent times, I have some exciting news!   I have been accepted on the Nicole Jones 911 Designs Design Team!  Yay!  I am so excited about this.  Nicole and her son Josh create printable scrapbooking embellishments and I am totally in love with them...okay, I may be a bit obsessed with them lol.  Yes, I see you thinking about this.  Why are you working on a scrapbook design team Leah?  You work with mixed media and cardmaking....

Newsflash!  I started scrapbooking in March (see, told you, I'm never ever bored).  I came upon some scrapbooking process videos on Youtube and Nicole Jones just happened to be one of them.  A couple more include Heather's Crafty Life and She's Crafty and Laura Alberts.  I was watching these videos, and of course I fell down a rabbit hole of wonderful, inspiring and artistic Youtubers that I couldn't stop watching!

They inspired me so much that I had to give it a try!  Now, I tried scrapbooking once before, when my girls were little, and let me tell you...I'd be embarrassed to show you the two or three layouts I completed twenty years ago.  But watching these Youtubers create these layouts in a way I was unfamiliar with totally inspired me to try again.  After all, I had all the supplies so why not?!  Oh boy.  I'm hooked now.

So please join me as I embrace this adventure with wide open arms! I have loads of photos to scrap and I'm getting more photos everyday of family and friends and even everyday life lol.

You'll see me again soon with projects and layouts, and in November, I will have 7, yup 7 videos on Youtube as well as accompanying blog posts and social media posts. Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment