Sunday, August 29, 2021

Finished Sweet Sentiment Project with Ew, People

 Good morning!  I know you all wanted to see a finished project with the large embellishment cluster I created using the Ew, People stamp set from Sweet Sentiment, so here it is!


I created a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout using this large embellishment cluster and a photo of my dad.  I knew when I saw this cluster finished that it would be perfect for a layout involving a photo of my dad.  My mom has always called him "dear" lol.  Sometimes it gets them in a bit of trouble, as you can see from my journaling.



Having a ready-made embellishment cluster makes for a super fast layout process.  I think this page took less than 15 minutes!  The only things I needed to do was pick my background papers and journaling spot, add some enamel dots and splattering and it was finished and looks so perfect!  I couldn't have come up with better embellishments for this layout.

I have also created a YouTube video for my channel that shows my process in creating this layout :)  You can view my video here:  https://youtu.be/fsiD_ZJ5A7U

Do you want to hear the "Dear/deer" story?  Ok, I suppose I will indulge you lol.  It's a great story (although to be honest, not so great for the deer) and the funny thing is, it may have happened more than once!

"Dear" has always been my mom's pet name for my dad.  That's important to know for this story.  Mom and dad have always been into music, and we have lived in northwestern Ontario for a very long time.  This means we should be used to having deer run into the road in the night, in the day, and anytime at all really.  And if it's not deer, then it's moose.  They are both quite abundant up in this area.  Mom and dad, quite a few years ago now, travelled south of the Canadian/American border one weekend to go to a bluegrass festival.  This was nothing new for them; they did this quite regularly.  On the way home from said festival, it was dark and they were tired.  Dad was driving the van and mom was passenger.  We call her eagle eye because she tends to see things that others miss, and this night was no different.  Mom says "deer".  Dad says "yes?".  Mom says "deer" again.  Dad says "yes, what?".  And this time mom yells "Deer!!!" and that's when they hit the poor deer with their car.  Sadly, the deer did not survive, but thankfully, mom and dad came away with no injuries, however the van was another story.  The moral of the story, as dad tells it..."Next time say "MOOSE!"". Lol.  What a story, and the poor van spent a month in the garage getting fixed, only to go back in twice more that year after my sister and I both had separate accidents lol.  Those are stories for another time! 



Thank you so much for stopping by today and checking out my completed project using "Ew, People" from Sweet Sentiment.  If you haven't yet, you can join their Facebook Group here.  Also, come and join us at Passionate Paper Creations and Friends with Rhea.  Rhea has created a group , where we can all join together and celebrate our favorite stamp company sponsors!  Don't forget to answer all the questions to join the group, they are important :)

I have used several products from from different companies in my project and I am linking them here for you!

Ew, People Stamp Set from Sweet Sentiment:  https://www.sweetsentiment.us/shop/p/ew-people-stamps

Digital embellishments from Nicole Jones 911 Designs:

Arrows with Words:  https://nicolejones911.com/classes-store/#!/Brown-Assorted-Arrows/p/216407585

1 Inch Viewfinders:  https://nicolejones911.com/classes-store/#!/~/search/keyword=1%20inch%20viewfinders


No comments:

Post a Comment