Friday, August 28, 2015

Crafty Ribbons Inspiration and some bleach painting?

Hahaha, yes, I am back with another set of three cards using another of Jennifer McGuire's wonderful techniques, which didn't work out so well for me this time, lol.  I followed the instructions for the first card, but then had to change the technique a bit to accommodate what I had at hand.  All three cards are completed using gorgeous ribbon from Crafty Ribbons as well!


This technique is called bleach painting, and although I was happy with the results from the first card, I couldn't get my tools to cooperate further, so I had to change tactics for each of the two sequential cards.  This first blue card uses Faded Jeans and Black Soot Distress Inks, a stamp set from Altenew, some 13mm satin ribbon in white from my stash, clear embossing powder and bleach, along with the following beautiful ribbons from Crafty Ribbons:  French Viscose Lace in White, and some Handmade Ribbon in White.


This next purple themed card gave me some trouble, lol.  I couldn't get the bleach to apply properly, so I used an alcohol blending marker.  The blending marker didn't achieve the brightness I was looking for, so I add some Wink of Stella (LOVE Stella!).  This card uses Dusty Concord and Faded jeans Distress Inks, two stamp set from Hero Arts, some sequins from my stash, and the following ribbon from Crafty Ribbons:  Handcrafted Ribbon in White and some 35mm Satin Ribbon in Liberty (which I also made the flower with).


This last orange and red card gave me the most trouble this time around lol.  The blender pen didn't lighten the images at all!  So, I left it alone lol.  This card features Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalaide Distress Inks, stamps from hero Arts, sequins from my stash, clear embossing powder and the following ribbons from Crafty Ribbons:  35mm Satin Ribbon in Cardinal, French Viscose Lace in White, and French Handmade Ribbon in Antique White.



These cards are so much fun to make, and the ribbon at Crafty Ribbons website is really enjoyable to work with and add to my projects.  The ribbon finishes them off just beautifully :)  Until next time my friends :)









No comments:

Post a Comment