Thursday, November 5, 2015

Some Sweet Stamps Inspiration with Piccolos!



Hello everyone, I am here for Sweet Stamps today with an inspiration post using a fun technique with Piccolos!


I created this fun card using Piccolos as stamps :)  First I created the color on the cardstock using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks.  Then I used two different Piccolo shapes to stamp images into the color.  The first stamping was created with water, to remove the color of the back ground.  The second stamping was created using Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold, to create more texture and sparkle (who doesn't love a bit of sparkle :).  Then I sprayed water droplets and lifted up more color, and then I sprayed the gold droplets.

I dry embossed the top part of the card panel using an embossing folder, and computer generated the sentiment.

Lastly, I colored the Piccolos, some using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and some using the Tattered Angels.  Then I heat embossed them with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, twice each. This gives them beautiful shine and dimension, adding to the 3d effect that they themselves create.

The Piccolos I have used for this project are:
A165 Flower Tops
A166 Flower Flourishes
LA123 Pop-Up Flower

You can find all of these in the Sweet Stamps online shop.

Come and join us on the First Sunday of every month for the Anything Goes Challenge, and every third Sunday of the month for the Anything But A Card Challenge!  Lots of fun and prizes to be had!

2 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I love the beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this and will have to CASE it :)

    ReplyDelete