Friday, May 10, 2019

May ATC Challenge with HLS DT: Hello

Well hello everyone, what a great theme this month for the HLS ATC Challenge :)  This was a fun theme, and as it turns out, this has turned out to be my favorite of the ATCs so far!  It's funny how that works, when you start with something in your mind but you end up with something far better than you ever expected!



Once again, I started with a background that I had previously created using Distress Oxide Inks. Hmmm, I may need to replenish that stash soon!  The blues in this one really spoke to me.


I had planned to use the butterfly and the sentiment for these ones, and when I pulled out the stamp set, these stamp shaped stamps really seemed to fit in.


I colored the butterflies in three different colors to make each of these cards seem unique and I am so happy with how they turned out.  The bright colors of the Zig Clean Color Real brush markers just pop!


I heat embossed the sentiment to make it also pop from the busy background and added some sparkly blue thread to add some texture.


Lastly, I outlined the butterflies with some white gel pen to make them pop a wee bit more and distressed the edges of the cards with some Stazon Ink.
I created 12 of these ATCs and 11 of them will be available for swapping in the Worldwide ATC Swap Group on Facebook.

Products Used:

Nuvo Embossing Powder in Crystal Clear
Distress Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean
Stazon Ink in Cloudy Sky
49 and Market Stamp Set Scents of Nature
Prima/Finnabair Stamp Messy
Deep red Stamps Bubbles Background Stamp
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Stamp Set
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you liked these -- that blue looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete