Monday, June 10, 2019

June ATC Challenge with HLS: Christmas


This is my last project post for the HLS ACT DT, although I hope I can stay on for the next term!  I love creating ATCs!  This month's theme is Christmas.  And although I am a bit of a Scrooge, I did enjoy creating these Christmas themed ATCs :)


Ok, no surprise here...lol.  I used another of my pre-created backgrounds with Distress Oxide inks, this time in awesome greens.  I didn't add any stamping or stencils to the background (shocking I know!).  I wanted the color itself to do the talking, and I wanted any red elements to really contrast the green.  So I left the background only with the green color.


I dug through my paper scraps stash and found some Christmas themed paper and cut it into different sized strips to add layers to each card.


Then I added the candy canes and holly stamps as their own layers on top and lastly, I added a fun Christmas sentiment from the same Catherine Pooler Stamp and Die Set as the Candy Cane and Holly.


Lastly I distressed the edges of the ATCs and once again I created 12 from one background.  11 of these ATCs will be available to swap in the Worldwide ATC Swap Group on Facebook.

Products Used:

Distress Oxide Inks in Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters
Catherine Pooler Designs Stamp and Die Set Candy Cane Lane
Distress Ink in Peeled Paint
Paper Scraps
Catherine Pooler Designs Ink in Grass Skirt and Rockin' Red
Stampin' Up Ink in Always Artichoke

No comments:

Post a Comment