Thursday, January 31, 2019

Angel Mixed Media Art Journal Page with 7 Kids Crafts

Hello everyone, I have an art journal page to share with you today for 7 Kids Crafts.  I created this art journal page using a quote I found online and some awesome stencils and paper!


I created this 6x6 art journal page for my new art journal.  I got these super awesome stencils from 7 Kids Crafts by Stamperia and I just couldn't wait to use them.  I started with Studio Light paper from the Winter Trails collection and first added a coat of clear gesso.  At this point I wasn't exactly sure what wet mediums I was going to use, if any.  The gesso protects the paper from moisture.


I decided to use my new Impasto Paints from Prima Marketing/Finnabair in their fabulous new pastel colors.  I mixed the Eggplant with a bit of black to make the purple match the paper a bit better and stenciled it through the Angel Wings stencil from Stamperia.  Then I used Dusty Rose through some of the other wings in the stencil to create my focal image.


I splattered some of the Snow White on the sides of the page to even out the white markings in the paper and outlined the focal wings with my Black Stabilo Marks All pencil.  This was my big mistake lol.  As I wasn't finished adding mediums to this page, I didn't take into account that the Stabilo will reactive with any wet mediums you add over top of it lol.  No worries, it all worked out in the end!


After I activated the Stabilo pencil with a paint brush and water, I also added the word "Angel" from the wings stencil in white.  I put some Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen over the wings and then I gently put some matte medium from Ranger over the Stabilo to set it in place.  Then I printed my quote onto tissue paper and glued them down with matte medium.  Lastly, I outlined the quote with black and white Stabilo and the Angel word with Black Sharpie.

I didn't feel like it was finished yet.  So I took another stencil that had wings on it and added some of the feathers in Snow White along the bottom left and top right corners and it was perfect!

I have linked several products down below to the 7 Kids Craft Store where you can find loads of fun stuff to build your crafty supply stash :)


Prima Marketing/Finnabair Art Alchemy Impasto Paint:
Eggplant
Dusty Rose
Snow White
Pitch Black

Stamperia Stencils:
Pendulum Clock with Wings

Studio Light Paper:
Winter Trails #2

No comments:

Post a Comment