Thursday, January 10, 2019

Mixed Media 5x7 Canvas with 7 Kids Crafts

Hello everyone!  I have a mixed media canvas to share with you today for 7 Kids Crafts.  This canvas is 5x7 and I used several Prima Marketing/Finnabair products to create it, along with several old costume jewelry pieces from my stash!



I started off with some tissue paper and glued it down on the canvas, making sure to leave a lot of wrinkles for texture.  Then I added some modelling paste through a Tim Holtz stencil and some lace and die cuts.  I covered the entire piece with heavy Black Gesso and after it was dry I continued to add elements.  I added a zipper and some costume jewelry pieces.  Some Finnabair Melange clear pebbles and some Prima/Finnabair Mechanicals pieces.


Once these elements were glued down I added more black gesso.  And once again I started adding even more elements.  I added some Prima/Finnabair resin frames, some Art Stones in two different sizes and some smaller clear acrylic drops.  I also added some paper clay elements and a small glass vase.  And once again I covered it with heavy black gesso.


And now comes the super fun part!  I started adding color.  I started with Prima/Finnabair Impasto paint in Dark Chocolate.  Then I added some Metallique paint in Dark Velvet and when that was dry I also added some Sparks paint in Butterfly Spells.  Let me tell you...that Sparks paint has some serious shimmer going on!  After the Sparks paint was dry I started to add the Art Wax.  I started with Opal Magic Vintage Silk and also added some Opal Magic Blue Velvet and Antique Brilliance Mystic Turquoise.


You never know how the final project is going to turn out, and it seems you never have to worry about colors not going together!  Somehow it all works out!  To finish this piece I took some Wild Orchid Crafts paper flowers and distressed them with the Metallique paint and Vintage Silk wax and glued them into the vase.

You can find all of these products in the 7 Kids Crafts online store and I have linked them all for you below!

Prima Marketing/Finnabair:

3D Matte gel
Heavy Black Gesso
Opaque Matte Modelling Paste
Art Stones 
Art Alchemy Opal Magic Wax Vintage Silk
Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Wax Mystic Turquoise

No comments:

Post a Comment