Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Crafty Christmas Collab 2020 with Bourbon Creek Crafts, Project 1

 Hello friends!  I joined Beth at Bourbon Creek Crafts again this year for the Crafty Christmas Collaboration.  I participated last year and I so enjoyed it.


Like last year, this year's rules are the same:  choose one paper pad (collection, kit, etc) and create four projects with the same pad.  Ultimately a Christmas pad :)  This year I chose to use a 6x6 pad from Anna Griffin from way back in 2013 called Yuletide Greetings.  You don't have to use up the pad, but I sure did!  And I'm very happy with that.  I have a huge stash of 6x6 paper pads so I'm always happy to use one up.  And I used up the entire pad, even the covers lol.


For my first project, I decided to create a scrapbook layout of my grandbaby Grace from 2016.  The photo has classic Christmas colors in it so I wanted paper that would have the same classic colors.  This paper pad was so beautiful, I can't believe I had never even cracked it open!



To create this layout I used a sketch by Heather Little that I had found on Pinterest.  Heather has her own Youtube channel (Heather's Crafty Life) and I find her inspiring.  I followed the sketch closely, and I love how this layout turned out. I used four full sheets of this paper as well as the front cover and some small pieces of a few other papers.  I also used a doily and some older embellishments from my stash, but my favorite embellishments on this layout are the fussy cut holly leaves from the paper pad and the printable embellishments from Nicole Jones 911 Designs.  They are perfect for layering and embellishment clusters. Along with the Anna Griffin paper pad, I used some 6x6 glitter paper Stampin' Up and that glitter adds a great sparkly touch to the Christmas layout!  What do you think?  Do you like a sparkle in your layouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment