Monday, April 24, 2023

Above and Beyond with Joy Clair Designs

 I have another floral design to share with you today using the Above and Beyond digital stamp set from Joy Clair Designs.  


I decided to color this image with a monochromatice color pallette.  I used the E40 colors along with some white Prismacolor pencil to brighten the highlights.  I layered the image over some patterned paper from my stash and added some enamel dots.  Lastly, I printed out a digital sentiment from the same set and popped it up on some dimensional adhesive.

Do you sometimes have a person in mind when you are creating a card or coloring a particular image?  I did with this one.  My daughter had just crashed her car the day before and one of the many things that stuck out for us in this experience was the nice people that came out of their homes to assist her!  In particular, a lady named Linda who heard and saw the crash from her kitchen window and immediately came to my daughter's aid.  My daughter and her friend are fine (the car is another story), don't worry, but they had never been in an accident before and are only in their early 20's.  So, it was an upsetting experience for both of them.  Paige mentioned she would like to give Linda a thank you card for her assistance that day and so this card came out of that situation.  Thank you Linda, you are a godsend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment