Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Little Bit of Halloween Fun with C.C. Designs

So, the challenge this week for C.C. Designs is non-traditional Halloween colors...o boy...am I in trouble....
To put it mildly..lol...I am NOT a fan of Halloween.  However, one must do what one must do.  And I struggled with what colors to use.  I wanted to use purple, but, alas...purple is a Halloween color.  So instead, I settled on PINK!  Whodathunkit!  A pink Halloween card.  Well, I don't mind it, but I'll let you be the judge:

Halloween Birgitta rubber stamp by C.C. Designs

Ok, so I had an idea in my head when I first started coloring this image, but it required at least two of the exact same image, colored the exact same way, lol.  And I am pleased to say that for once the idea in my head worked out exactly the way I wanted it to in real life!  Yay!  I used the Halloween Birgitta rubber stamp from C.C. Designs.  After coloring her twice, I punched her out in 2 different sizes of circles and matted them all with black cardstock.  Then I put them together, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle, but at the same time, kind of like a game of Mahjong, lol.  They are pieced together and layered at the same time.  This was a fun project, and I hope Christine likes it as much as I do ;)

Halloween Birgitta rubber stamp by C.C. Designs
I colored her with my Prismacolor Premiere and Koh-I-Nor pencils in the following colors:

Hair - PC997, 943, 945
Skin - PC927, 939
Wings/boots - PC1061, 1065, 1067, 935, 938
Dress/hat - PC993, 995, KIN 14

Non traditional Halloween colors, come on, if I can do it so can you!  You'll find the new challenge posted here.  I am looking forward to seeing your projects in every color EXCEPT purple, green, orange, etc. LOL!  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment