Friday, October 31, 2014

Some of my Favorites and a Tombow DT Call

Hello ladies and gents!  Today I am bringing back some of my favorite projects in my submission for the Tombow Design Team Call.

First, my latest for The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Team:  I used the Fan Dancer Avery image, and combined her with some digital papers from Baer Design Studio.  I fussy-cut a few of the paper elements, distressed the edges and glued them in layers onto the card.  I also used my gold Pentel gel pen  to highlight around some of the papers.  I also glued the bow (strung with some beads) and rhinestones onto the card to give it more depth.  The image is colored with my Prismacolor Premiere Pencils.

Fan Dancer Avery by The Paper Nest Dolls

My second project is one that I also did this month, for the Whimsy Stamps Design Team Call.  I used Rowan Fairy by Sylvia Zet to create this easel card.  I used some butterfly die cuts, as well as flowers, ribbon, lace and pearls from my stash.

Rowan Fairy by Sylvia Net for Whimsy Stamps

For my third piece (a DIY), I am including a tutorial I did using Rainy Day Birgitta by C.C. Designs.
This tutorial is for a very basic card fold, the top-fold A2.  Good for a beginner, this tutorial shows you how to create the card from the beginning, in photographs and written text.  I created this card and envelope with cardstock, which I decorated myself using a stencil, ink, and my Prismacolor Premiere Pencils.  I used vellum and ink for the sentiment and included flowers and ribbon as well from my stash.

Rainy Day Birgitta by C.C. Designs

As this is a very picture-heavy tutorial, I have included it in a link here, for you to see.

I am currently on 3 Design Teams and I have included their completion dates as well:

Quick Creations - March 31st, 2015
Polka Doodles - February 28, 2015
The Paper Nest Dolls

Thank you for taking the time to review my submission, and please be assured that I very much enjoy this part of my creativity, and I always put everything I have into my projects.  I have used Tombow Mono adhesive in these projects; I find the adhesive to be strong and quick bonding, and I love the precision tip!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Leah,
    I love your cards and the way you coloured the stamps! I am trying to learn more just on colouring. The golden paper you used in the Asian card and the pink flowers in the second card are amazing!

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete