Monday, September 21, 2015

Christmas Cards with The Paper Nest Dolls

Christmas is coming soon!  Are you getting ready yet?  Have you bought any gifts?  Have you been making your Christmas cards?  Well, myself, I have about 3 Christmas cards made, lol, and zero gifts purchased.  Don't worry, I still have time :P

For my Paper Nest Dolls inspiration project this month, I chose to create with one of Christine's Christmas images, that were released in July.  This is Elf Ellie with Gifts, isn't she cute!


This is also my first character colored with pencil crayons and oms :)  I used my Lyra Rembrandt Polycolors in the following colors:

Hat:  27, 33
Hair:  87, 82, 75, 76
Skin:  29, 32, 31, 30, 90
Shirt/Skirt:  74, 73
Leggings:  97, 96, 27, 33
Belt/Shoes:  82, 76, 75
Gifts:  27, 33, 74, 73, 97, 96


I completed this project using a Close to My Heart sentiment stamp, paper from the My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas 12 x 12 paper pad, and some burgundy twine from Spritz.  I also used Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint Distress Inks from Ranger.

This was a fun new technique for me, and I do intend to do more of this, however, I will be trying it with my Prismacolor Pencils instead of the Lyras.  Even though the Lyras are creamy and oil based, I don't have all that many, and I like the color choices I have with my Prismacolor Premiere Pencils.

You can find this and the other July Christmas releases, as well as a whole host of sweet PND rubber stamps in the online shop :)  And don't forget to come and join us for the monthly challenge over on The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Blog!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment