Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The East Wind Newsletter Freebie :)

Have you signed up for The East Wind Newsletter yet?  If not, you are surely missing out.  This month's newsletter freebie is called Party Girl and she will be available in the Etsy shop in a few days I'm sure :)


I have colored her with my Copics, Prismacolor Markers and Prismacolor Premiere pencils in the following colors:

Hair:  PB199
PC1082, 1099
Skin:  E000
PC927, 939, 1029
Shirt:  G12
PC912, 1096, 908
Skirt:  R22
PC1092, 1031, 1081
Socks:  G00
PC920, 1006, 907
Boots/Gloves:  PB108
PC1063, 935, 938


I finished this piece with paper from the Recollections 12 x 12 Today, Tomorrow, Forever pad, Recollections Pearl half-backs, and I also used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink to distress all the edges.

This little girl stared at me for a while before I finally put pencil to paper to color her.  I just couldn't decide on a color scheme!  So, I threw caution to the wind and grabbed the first piece of paper I could see on my shelf, lol.  And this is what I picked.  I always find its easier to match colors to the paper, rather than the other way around anyways, but it was a new experience for me to grab any paper and make the image work with it instead of specifically picking paper that will go with the image.  It was a happy experiment, lol.  I think it worked out just fine.

If you are looking for new and original images to create with and color, then you really need to go and visit The East Wind Etsy shop.  Unky Lastrange has so many amazing images, she is a marvel with a pencil.

You can also find The East Wind on Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest and Instagram!  Come on over and join us for some inspiration, you won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment