Thursday, March 31, 2016

Scripted Butterflies with Sweet Stamps LLC

Surprise!  It's Sweet Stamps inspiration time again, and this time, it's not watercolor!  Shocked, you are, I know, lol.


This is a fun technique card I created using the Framed Handwritten Words SS4406 stamp set, the AF1 French Script Artsy Fartsy stamp, the SC012b Flutterby #2 Sweet Cuts die, Shades Dye Ink in Amaryllis and Sweet Stamps Glastique.

Such a fun card to make :)  I dye cut the solid butterfly image from a scrap piece of paper, taking care to place them exactly where I wanted them.  Then I used the negative space as a stencil and colored the butterflies on my white card front piece with Shades Dye Ink in Amaryllis.  Then I masked off around the butterflies and stamped the French Script stamp inside the butterfly shapes.  Then I coated the shapes with Glastique to give them that wonderful glossy finish.  I cut the butterfly again from matching paper, and added Glastique to the solid image and glued the filigree image to the top.  I added some sequins and adhesive pearls, and voila!  A fun butterfly card :)

You can find all of the supplies I used on this card in the Sweet Stamps online shop, and come and join us for the two monthly challenges over on the Sweet Stamps blog, show us your fun creative side!

No comments:

Post a Comment