Tuesday, January 2, 2018

No Journey Mixed Media Art Journal Page

I have another mixed media art journal to share with you today.  I have been creating in my hand-made art journal a lot lately, I just love the orientation and the size of this one :)










This page started as a lot of my pages do, with texture and a coat of gesso. I don't usually have any ideas what my pages will look like when they are finished. This one was no exception, lol.










I like to put the texture on the background, apply a coat of gesso and then let it sit with me for a while. Somehow this just works for me. Then I'll sit back down with it and know exactly what I want to do next!  This page started out with flower stickers, texture paste and stencils, and washi tape.








When I sat back down with this one, I knew I wanted to work with blues and turquoise, two of my favorite colors to art journal with. I added color with DecoArt Americana Premium Acrylics in Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Phthalo Green-Blue and Phthalo Turquoise all watered down to create a water colored effect.











When the background was dry, I added stamping with a Stampin' Up stamp and some dye ink in dark blue. Then I started adding some thread and embellishments.












The words are text stickers from Tim Holtz (I Love these! Can't get enough of them!) And my page is finished. Thanks for stopping by, come back soon! ~ Leah




No comments:

Post a Comment