Thursday, July 7, 2016

Purple and Dragonflies with Sweet Stamps ;)

Hello everyone!  I have a 'Thinking of You' card today using some Piccolo Accents from Sweet Stamps, along with some fun enamel powder and a cool technique :)






I created this card by first spraying the negative from the Dragonflies Accents package on white card stock with some purple ink spray.  This is a great way to get more use from your chipboard/cardboard embellishments :)  Use the negative pieces as a stencil!  Then I distressed the edges with Wilted Violet Distress Ink.  I added a layer of vellum over top because the purple was a little loud for what I wanted to do with it.  I used some Enchanted Aubergine enamel powder to emboss the dragonflies and glued them on the vellum.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the Framed Handwritten Words clear stamp set.

I really like the softness that the vellum adds to a card like this, it's just the right amount of softness to give a misty air.

You can find all of the l;inked products in the Sweet Stamps online shop :)  See you soon for more Sweet Stamps inspiration! 

PS  If you haven't read the Sweet Stamps blog lately, please take note:  We will be holding only one challenge a month for the rest of the summer.  The Anything but a Card challenge will start again in October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment