Friday, September 23, 2022

Hexagon Shadow Box with The Rabbit Hole Designs

 Have I told you how much I love this Succulent Life stamp set from The Rabbit Hole Designs?  I love it so much, I've created 3 projects with it this month!  This is the second project and it is a hexagon shadow box with a clear acrylic front.


I have a few photos of this one for you, just so you can get the full experience of it lol.

To start this project, I prepared the shadow box by inking all the edges with distress archival ink and putting patterned paper along the inside of the box.  I added some more distress archival ink through the Triangle Mosaic Stencil (also from TRHD).  Then I watercolored the images this time, using my Spectrum Watercolor pencils and fussy cut them out.  I added "stems" to the images with watercolor paper to make them stand up and layered them in the shadow box and in the acrylic cover with Spanish moss.  I've made them at different heights for interest and also added three of the sentiments from the stamp set.


Lastly, I added some linen scraps and enamel dots and glued the two pieces together.  I love how this turned out and I think I'm going to save it for myself, and hang it in my new office :)


Stay tuned for my last project of the month, also using this stamp set!



No comments:

Post a Comment