Thursday, April 28, 2022

Home Sweet Home with Lawn Fawn and Gina Marie Designs

 I have been trying to branch out a bit lately and create some cards that I don't usually lean towards creating.  For this one, I've created a happy new home card using the Flutter By stamp set from Lawn Fawn and the Home Sweet Home Die from Gina Marie Designs.


I loved creating this card.  First, we all know how much I love coloring flowers, lol.  It doesn't matter how simple or detailed they are lol.  And second, I got to stretch my creativity in using the NEGATIVE of the die cut, using this metal die.  I had already used the letters, and still have the negative piece and it was card-sized, so why not?

I colored the flowers with my Copic markers on Sweet Sentiment Premium Marker Paper and cut them out with the matching metal dies.  Then I used a couple of Distress Inks to blend some color onto the card front and around the die cut words.  I wanted the words to really stand out, so I added deeper color around them.  Then I layered the panel on top of a scrap of wood grain paper.  Added the flowers and some of my favorite Gina Marie enamel dots!

Another great card to add to my stash and I had fun creating it...win-win!


No comments:

Post a Comment